I know that a lot of people on here have found that information overload is a major block to getting started (let alone becoming a success).
As useful as information can be, I know from personal experience that it can be one of the main reasons that stop us fully committing to this wonderful opportunity we call Internet Marketing!
At first the access to information seems great, just about everything is covered in detail somewhere on the web.
But of course after a short while, we realise that the excessive amount of information is a real burden.
Some of the information available is great, some of it is putrid mass of half truths and down right lies..
…but mostly there is just so bloody much of the stuff!!
The upshot tends to be we do a great impression of the rabbit caught in the headlights and actually do bugger all.
So I though I would try to give a simple action plan that helped me (other plans are available ) and hopefully can help others:
- Do NOT buy another Internet Marketing product until you need it!
(this may upset some marketers, but it was one of the main elements of this plan!)
- Go back to basics and pick yourself a niche, and preferably one you enjoy
- Get yourself a successful mentor (who’s work do you like? who seems to mirror your beliefs?)
- Copy their plan/strategy
- Now you need to STICK WITH IT. Set yourself an income target to reach and do not stop until you reach that sum.
DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER ANOTHER STRATEGY UNTIL YOU HAVE ACHIEVED THE SUM IN QUESTION.
This will give you more than enough time to work out if the strategy is for you and whether it has the potential to achieve your goals.
- If it failed your test, return to looking at other strategies. If it passed the test, look at how much of it you could automate/outsource….and then you can look at other strategies to supplement your online income.
Sounds very simple I know, and it is if you just always keep in mind point 1. This will have the effect of laser guiding your focus rather than having a scatter gun approach. Consequently your success will be much more likely.
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on my tips and any tips you have to avoid information overload.